Ex Terra Opes - at the Tarpey Gallery Autumn 2011

This has been set up to record the origination and creation of a body of new art works that I made between September 2010 and the summer of 2011 for an exhibition at the Tarpey Gallery in Castle Donington (opened 16th July).

Thursday 3 March 2011

A week or so ago Newsnight featured the work of writer Nick Papadimitriou whose notion of 'Deep Topography' seems to chime with my own procedures in creating the body of work that will be "From The Earth Wealth'. Apart from a brief 'googling' I've yet to fully engage with Nick's work but I'm fairly sure it will impact on my thinking over the latter stages of my project. Meanwhile the pictures are proceeding, mutating and being joined by fresh canvases. At the moment various media and tools are the focus of my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment