Ex Terra Opes - at the Tarpey Gallery Autumn 2011

This has been set up to record the origination and creation of a body of new art works that I made between September 2010 and the summer of 2011 for an exhibition at the Tarpey Gallery in Castle Donington (opened 16th July).

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Over and Done With...ish...


If you have followed this saga to this point then you probably know that the show finally opened this past weekend. At last I am catching up on things and want to post some images and reflections in the next day or so. One might think the work is done but just as I was settling into some new work in the studio yesterday I got a call from the Leicester Mercury (the 'local' evening paper) asking me to pitch up to the gallery for a feature. Today I fielded calls from a listings magazine and Leicestershire Life, a monthly glossy, both of which wanted copy and images. All good PR but eating into the painting time!

Still I am now focussed on my Conversation Pieces, something I've been working on for two years now, but which took a back seat during the latter stages of FTEW. Its a relief to be working on a larger size again!

No comments:

Post a Comment