Ex Terra Opes - at the Tarpey Gallery Autumn 2011

This has been set up to record the origination and creation of a body of new art works that I made between September 2010 and the summer of 2011 for an exhibition at the Tarpey Gallery in Castle Donington (opened 16th July).

Tuesday 3 May 2011

Returning to the task at hand...


This is a picture I've remade a couple of times over the past two years...it sits on the terrace in Italy a few feet from where I've been sitting most of these past couple weeks. Although I haven't been entirely idle, but rather sifting through the photographic source material I've accumulated since last summer and beginning a process of decision making about what, exactly. will comprise the publication to accompany the exhibition in July. This brought the period into sharp relief once I started to construct a publication schedule...essentially it gives me around three more weeks to complete the body of forty five canvases and a couple after that to put the publication to bed. In essence its time I was in the studio (and out on the road - there are a few pictures yet to take) rather than writing up this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment