Ex Terra Opes - at the Tarpey Gallery Autumn 2011

This has been set up to record the origination and creation of a body of new art works that I made between September 2010 and the summer of 2011 for an exhibition at the Tarpey Gallery in Castle Donington (opened 16th July).

Thursday 14 April 2011

Getting to Grips with the 'endgame'


Over the past few days it has dawned on me that given I shall be away for the next fortnight I am getting perilously close to the beginning of end of this project. On my outline plan...a line here and there on my diary...I am scheduled to complete the photography about now - and the paintings by 24th May. Twenty seven potential working days away! I have now shot many pictures (and have but three locations to complete) and just this week have made a painting (shown here) in a single session. There are now some 60 canvases in train of which some seven are printed digital collages - I expect at the most that three more painted canvases will be added to this group and perhaps five more digital collages created. From the sixty eight works the 45 will emerge. I am now moving a fair way from the original impulses...this work, for instance, draws on a observation made in a local museum...but concerning a quite separate location within the district.

No comments:

Post a Comment