Ex Terra Opes - at the Tarpey Gallery Autumn 2011

This has been set up to record the origination and creation of a body of new art works that I made between September 2010 and the summer of 2011 for an exhibition at the Tarpey Gallery in Castle Donington (opened 16th July).

Monday 14 February 2011

Viewing The Land


Another bright morning - and only mid February - out in Worthington mopping up the other end of this village. I did intend to travel south but the weather conditions and the traffic on the A42 conspired to make this less than attractive, Snarestone will have to wait whilst Belton is gathered in. Strangely enough I'm due to visit Belton later today with my wife for a meal to celebrate Valentine's Day. So two visits in one day to a place I've probably only set foot in less than half a dozen times in 24 years. I'm beginning to find a passion for simple landscape images, perhaps because the weather is improving and the flora and fauna awakening from winter slumbers. In addition to visits to the villages (and why haven't I tackled the towns yet I wonder?) I want to stop and view the land in a more clearcut topographic way. Why this is so I'm not sure but it allows me to be more overtly romantic in outlook and in the results - not entirely unreasonable on this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment